Online Membership Renewal and Dues Payment
As part of recent enhancements added to its Web site, the ALA is now able to process your membership renewal and dues renewal payment online.
To renew your membership online, visit the Edit Member Profile page.
For members who have not already logged into our new online system
Accessing the System/Getting Your Password
Our enhanced web site requires each member to have a unique user name and password. Your user name is your email address. We’ve also assigned you a randomly generated password which you will be able to change.
- To reset your random password and gain access to your online profile, go to: http://www.applawyers.org/memberprofile.html.
- Input your email address and click on “Forget password.” You will receive an email with a link and instructions on how to reset your password.
- Click on the link in the email, which will take you to a browser window that is labeled “Reset your password”.
- Fill in your new password, then re-enter that new password, and click on the “Set new password” button.
- Make sure to record your password in a safe place.
- Then visit the Edit Member Profile page and follow the instructions below.
For members who have already logged into our new online system
- From the initial screen in your member profile, click on the grey “Renew Until...” button that is under the Membership details section of your online profile.
- Next, click the grey button that says “Start renewal in a new window” and a new browser window will open up.
- Here you have an opportunity to update your profile before you renew. Please choose the “yes” option and click the grey “Next” button.
- Please complete all empty fields in your member record. If you are interested in getting more information on any ALA committees, check the appropriate box. When you are through updating your record, click the grey “Next” button.
- Choose your method of payment. You can pay online either using PayPal or a credit card, or offline by sending a check. Then click the grey “Next” button.
- If you choose the online payment option, it will take you directly to the PayPal Web site where you can pay with a credit card or log in if you already have a PayPal account. You do not need a PayPal account to pay online, only a valid credit card.
- If you choose manual payment, you will be taken to a screen where you will need to confirm your payment. Please click on the grey “Confirm” button, which will then take you to a screen that shows your renewal details and payment instructions. You may wish to print this page.